- Flew to Wellington NZ.
- Had end of week drinks with nephew before
- meeting up with fangirls at the Oaks Noodle House
- stayed inna room with mab_browne and Dewey3067, with lots of fannish chat
- started reading Pros BB stories
- had delicious breakfasts both days, French Toast at Hey, George on Saturday, eggs with salmon & rosti at Franco's Trattoria on Sunday.
- spent hours both days immersed in fannishness (the programming was mostly as indicated here, with variations, also I did sneak off early on Sunday to visit rels)
- had fish & chips by the beach (as you do)
- "watched" the England vs Australia game via the Guardian live site on Sunday morning (the people over the road from the church took the result a little badly, I fear).
- My team came second in the "pub" quiz!! Awesome guys dewey, deepbluemermaid,
Example (comics fandom, spoilers) - the character is alive in current continuities (blue is alive, black is dead). First photo is the question, second the result:
- Got called a hipster Idris Elba fan (because Ultraviolet).
- Shades of get-togethers past... I'd completely forgotten/blanked the SLM chairs!
- Told some possibly interested folk about Bistocon next year (including the English Pub next door - which is hopefully fully renovated and operational by now).
- Visited my 93 year old aunt Sunday afternoon. She was in respite while my cousin visited son and grandsons in the SI. Partook of a bachelor tea afterwards (savoury mince from freezer, peas ditto, tomatoes, and chips from the local shop), then watched most of the second half of the morning's game again with cousins (-in-law and once-removed, both menz).
Lay in my
This entry was also posted at http://kiwisue.dreamwidth.org/138757.html with comments.