First: to Big Bang or not - I think not. Due consideration given, but the most likely wip and I are not getting on. I did just enough research to decide that the 1970's R369/425/445 etc, etc, wasn't going to get my driver from Cork to the north Antrim coast overnight, and you may laugh at that but it was kind of crucial. Until my Workarounds-R-Us care package arrives I think I'll continue to potter whenever work and life allow. Which is mostly not ever, at least when talking about times when my brain functions enough to lay down actual words.
- On Wednesday B & I saw Michael Palin at the State Theatre (which I love - it's gorgeous). I'm becoming more choosy about nostalgia events, but this was a good 'un. Michael was working with Adam Spencer, a radio host I kind of dislike most of the time but not on this night. it was really an extended, illustrated interview and a lot of fun.
- apparently the Doug Anthony All Stars are doing a reunion event with Paul and Tim and some bloke named Flacco. Sorry, no Richard, I'm out.
- I have watched all but one episode of Outlander Series 1, but I keep wanting to scream at the screen. Underclothes do serve a purpose, you know. It wouldn't hurt to show a margin of linen between your dress and your chest. And I've had about as much Jamie-whumping as I can handle - the actor is hunky, and bleeds well - and that's about it. Tobias Menzies on the other hand...
- 'Constantine' is 3/4 of a brilliant show based on a comic book. Several great episodes, lots of duds. Hope they can keep it going.
- We are newly watching "The Last Ship". I don't know how I feel about it. The second episode involved Gitmo and a terribly predictable plot, the third could have been an episode of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (that's not so bad), the fourth was a "masterpiece" of drama trumping science and common sense. I keep waiting for the inevitable infection crisis due to some stupid and preventable behaviour and/or incident...
- I continue to enjoy The Flash and wish that the producers of Arrow would just give up on the flashbacks already.
- started re-watching The Blacklist. I have already decided that the rather ridiculous body count in the pilot cannot be laid at Elizabeth's door. Nope, No way. But Spader is magnificent.
This entry was also posted at http://kiwisue.dreamwidth.org/135649.ht